Saturday, March 1, 2014

Vivofit

My new Garmin Vivofit just came in the mail!!! I have not only been slacking on my blog postings but also on getting any sort of exercise! :( Being a first grade teacher is exhausting! But I am hoping with the purchase and arrival of my new vivofit, it may boost my interest in trying to get healthy and lose some weight.
So far, the Vivofit seems to be amazing! The set up to my MacBook, IPhone, and IPad has been super easy. My favorite element of the fitness watch has to be the tracking of laziness...after an hour of being inactive, these harsh red lights begin to appear. In order to get them to disappear you have to get up and move around. Sounds a little rediculous that I need a alert system to tell me I am being lazy, but after watching a Saturday morning Kardashian marathon...I looked at the time and instead saw the red lights that meant I needed to get off the couch!
I took my dogs for a quick walk around the neighborhood and the red lights dissapeared! :) It was actually a really great feeling. I dislike working out and dieting, but I would simply like to lose some weight and be healthy. This tracking device is the external motivation I think I need.

My walking goal today is 7500 steps! I am almost half way there! I need to stop blogging and get moving before these red lights start to show back up!

http://sites.garmin.com/vivo/



No comments:

Post a Comment