Sunday, November 30, 2014

Favorite Finds Friday: Holiday Edition - Real Pine Garland

Garlands are one of my favorite Christmas decorations!

I have tons of the cheap, fake, pre-lit garlands, which I love, don't get me wrong. However, I was looking for a few new garlands for my stairs, mainly because I find it hard to decorate my stairs with lit garlands because I don't have an electrical outlet nearby and I don't think my decorations look as polished when I have extension cords all around.
So, I was out shopping at Sam's Club and the wonderful natural pine smelled caught my attention. Sam's was selling 25 feet of this garland for about $11.00! You can do so much with 25 feet! I used a majority of the garland for the stairs. 

I do have to say that while this natural garland is a little sticky and messy, you cannot beat the wonderful smell of pine when you walk in the front door! And now I don't have to worry about the lights at all because the garland is amazing just by itself. 

The garland is definitely substantial and kind of heavy! I used some cable ties my husband had to attach the garland, then used strips of burlap to cover the ties. 

Happy decorating!

~Newly in Nashville 

No comments:

Post a Comment